Tuesday, January 29, 2019

One Minute at a Time...


If I just did everything that takes one minute, everyday…

Hi, everybody,

I really do not enjoy maintaining a clean home.  I know, I know.  I am supposed to take pride in having a clean and welcoming home.  In addition, I do, I really do…when it is clean.  Sometimes it is getting the home to that clean state, day after day, that gets me down.

I hear you, you working full-time moms with small children.  You are doing most of the cooking, child minding, and cleaning in the home.  Thinking about all you do leaves me exhausted.  What you would not give for just one quiet hour where you could do anything you want.  Not to mention being able to catch up on enough sleep or being able to rest without keeping one eye open.

Hubby and I feel for you empty nesters, with the children long gone.  Both of you still working, Both still making the home a home, and trying to find the way back to being a couple.  

Fate throws you a curve and a grown child moves back in, bringing more with him.  New adjustments all around.  Then they are gone and both of you are alone, learning once again to be a couple.

Finally, one of you retires, and the household work is unequal.  Learning to set new expectations this time is more challenging.  Then both of you are retired…you are feeling your way into very unfamiliar dynamics.  Your home should be clean.  you are home all day, but…it is not.  What is holding you back?

Yes, my ah, ha moment, don’t know what yours will be,  maintaining the status quo just doesn’t have the wow factor of cleaning/decluttering a big mess and getting praise and appreciation for a job well done.

So make a list of all the one minute or less tasks that make your house a home.
Add new ones as you find them or they become necessary to your home’s health.

I am finding that

Household Daily Maintenance = Multiple Instances of One Minute Tasks

Here’s a challenge, today and going forward, try to do all one minute or less tasks immediately.
See what difference it will make in making your house a home.

I will start

One Minute or Less Tasks
□ Make bed
□ Put the book/magazine/newspaper back on the bookcase
            /in magazine rack/recycling bin
□ Rinse and put dirty dish (as) in dishwasher
□ Hang up coat
□ Hang up wet bath mat in bathroom so it can dry
□ Hang up wet towels
□ Put dirty clothes in hamper
□ Sort incoming mail
□ Shred a few trash pages in shred pile
□ Turn on dishwasher
□ Put up the clean dishes in the dish drainer/dish washer
□ Separate dirty clothes
□ Put a load of clothes in washer
□ Transfer load of clothes from washer to dryer
□ Fold clean clothes
□ Hang clean clothes
□ Put clean clothes in closet
□ Put clean clothes in dresser drawers
□ Put shoes on shoe rack
□ Hang purse on hook
□ Hang keys on hook
□ Put school books in backpack/book bag
□ Clean sink
□ Clean kitchen counter
□ Clean stove
□ Sweep floor
□ Mop floor
□ Feed & water pet
□ Pack lunch
□ Grab lunch
□ Clean mirrors
□ Put up bathroom supplies
□ Put up hobby/craft supplies
□ ETC

What is your first one-minute task?  When complete, check it off as Done!
Addictive isn’t it?
Celebrate your One Minute Awesomeness at the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment