Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Empty Boxes in Storage

I don't know about you, but we always keep the boxes our electronics and small boxes our appliances  come in, out in (ahem) my storage building. You know, those pesky boxes that you must place your defective product into whenever you return it. They get dusty, dirty, the glue draws bugs. Ugh!

Well yesterday, I got hubby to help get them out of my building. Climbed a ladder and pulled those suckers out of the loft. Freed up about a 5' x 4' x 3' space. Then we took the boxes to our outdoor pickup garbage cans. Filled one extra large trash can with foam inserts that are not recyclable and cut the boxes  with a case cutter to fit into the extra large recycle trash can.

By the time we completed this task I was dusty, irritable, and longed for a shower.

Next time I save a box, I'm going to post a note on my bulletin board with the removal date for the box. A calendar note post would work too. Maybe both. Most returns have a 90 day limit. If one is lucky the limit might be a year. Just in case, I photo copy the receipt (it fades) and file with proof of purchase/warranty paperwork.

As for the box, I'll use a marker and write on it "remove after month/day/year."

Yes!!! I have a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment