Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Your Clothing Inventory


I joined a Fashion Detox Challenge-10 weeks without buying clothes and I started thinking…

How often do we take inventory of our clothing?

I am retired now. My uniform work shirts are gone. The pants are still here because I can still wear them. Five pair of jean stretch pants (wore for work when I worked up to 7days a week.)

How many of us have “twin” outfits? I know I do.

How many of us have that two or three or four little black dresses. We only wear one, not liking how we look in the other dresses?

My dress black slacks-multiple pairs need to find 2-3 that still fit.
I have various jackets that go with black to add color or jazz the outfit up. I have no idea how many there are. Might just be time to find out.

I know I have three long sleeve white blouses exactly alike, in addition to three or four more white blouses.

I have a variety of v-neck pastel tees; however, I have decided my gray hair needs darker jewel tones.

Hubby washed and dried my stretch tee shirts; unfortunately, they shrank vertically. Trust me; no one wants to see a pasty white belly.

With this challenge, I have to take time to stop and think before I rush out and get any new things. I need to get rid of duplicates or things that I have worn forever, definitely things that no longer fit or flatter.

Have you ever stopped and thought that instead of “fitted” styles that we need to pick styles that forgive that monthly bloat or weight gain?

Instead of that one size over our current regular size or that outfit that is slightly small (that we are going to lose weight to get into), maybe we ought to pick something that has an extra give.

Most of my fitted slacks are leaving my closet piece by piece. Slacks with some elastic in the waist are replacing them.

For all of you younger women out there, I am in that pear shaped group of people whose “sand” eventually shifts. The weight might be the same…the distribution varies from where it used to be.

Women’s bodies change after certain life events--birth of a child, weight loss, illness, injury, comfort/stress eating, and menopause. (Exceptions are few in my experience.) Make sure that you take stock of how your clothing fits after these life changes.

Plan for the difficulties of your fashion needs in your daily lives. Try to plan multiple outfits with the different clothing articles in your closet. Your budget will avoid a hit and your closet will have things you know you can wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment