Sunday, September 22, 2019

Crafter says, "It is not clutter."


Crafters say, “It’s not clutter.”

Ok folks, my home chores have been getting ignored. A fall in December 2018, finally, corrective surgery in April 2019, and therapy ever since.

I’m up to lifting one pound doing exercise, “hurray.” Unfortunately, my surgeon wants me further along. I’m trying, I really am. But it is what it is.

Anyhow, some excellent hand strength therapy was accomplished by making some things for the American Legion Auxiliary (ALA).

My inspiration can be located at this website, with some basic instructions

However, I had to go off scrip to complete my “flower pixies” to promote the ALA poppy program.
I used fine yarn for the body and yarn for the hair since the heads at WalMart did not have any through holes. I used a fine ribbon for the bodice wrap and underwear. The  flowers I used were roses, and since I had to make corsages, some red, white, and blue filler flowers. I used the flower fillers to create the corsages and boutonnières. (Buy flowers on sale.) We all agreed the red rose skirts most closely resemble poppies.

So why is this here.  A lot of crafters, myself included are considered clutter bugs because of our craft supplies. After working on a slew of these (over a couple of months), I’ve come to the conclusion that my crafts have to stay in my craft room. I dislike having to put up supplies in the middle of projects, hence the clutter bug tag.
I have turned over a new leaf, pun intended. I will only craft in my craft room from now on.

Clutter bug crafters, unite. And no my darling mechanic, you may not work on parts in the house!

Therefore, what projects are you doing in common areas that should have a designated space?




No comments:

Post a Comment