Sunday, October 6, 2019

Entry into week 1 diary of Fashion Detox Challenge


Week 1: Dear diary

I have one 23-inch deep clothing closet…contains all my clean casual and dress clothing. My portion of the closet is 4 feet wide, hubby has the other side and a 4 feet wide section.

Using this challenge for not buying clothing for 10 weeks as the swift kick in the ---- that I needed. I was able to go through my closet and remove clothing. Sometimes, just getting started doing a dreaded task is enough to get you motivated to finishing a job.

During this week, I finished going through my closet and removed clothing. I found someone who wants the things that I wish to remove. They will go through the clothes and will get rid of what they do not want to keep.

Outgoing list
  One camisole
  Shirts (20, including the “shrunk “ones my husband dried)
  Two skirts
  Shorts (11 pairs--half with zippers and buttons)
  Pants (4 with zippers and buttons)
  Dresses (5 total -3 memory dresses)

I retained a few motorcycle tee shirts that are going to become a wheelchair throw for a vet.

This challenge is great, I have to take time to stop and think before I rush out and replace the things that I need to get rid of so I can appreciate the outfits I love.

Unfortunately, I blew it.  Shopping alert!

I do not buy many clothes. sometimes certain  purchases are a necessity. I purchased one pair of black flat-waist, stretch, straight-leg pants and one little black, knee-length dress. Two in and 43+ out, not a bad trade.

Note, I even have a little free space, maybe my clothes will be able to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment