Friday, May 15, 2020

Finding solutions when the "me time" is diminished.

I am cooking a lot.

With the stay at home orders, I find that I am cooking a lot. However, it really isn't the cooking that I mind, it's the cleanup. When I was only cooking once or twice a day, I had help with the cleanup. Now it is a challenge to get the dishwasher rolled to and from the hookup area. Hubby has more muscle mass, and it is easier for him to move the washer.

I solve the problem by starting to handwash more, thus alleviating the need for the dishwasher at all. It is still here, I am not using it. Unfortunately, this creates a different problem. I use bleach in my dishwashing water. I have now ruined about six blouses with bleach water splash. To solve the problem, I started wearing a commercial dishwashing apron. This works wonderfully.

Staying home with the same person or people all the time is sometimes challenging. Some habits must change for all the parties involved to live in harmony.

We have a hug and kiss moment for absolutely no reason, except we want to hug and kiss each other. Either one of us will state, "I need a hug;" then, we will stand, embrace, and give each other a kiss. Therefore, this staying at home edit has increased our together moments.

We help each other do the other's tasks more readily because it gives each of us something different to do.  Now, if I could just get hubby to quit tickling me because it is a fun thing for him to do.

Hubby gets on the computer for three to four hours before I get up and cook each morning. Sometimes I read, and sometimes I sleep. I am reading a lot of free ARC ebooks and writing book reviews. We have started doing maintenance chores around the house as the weather warms. Sometimes together and sometimes apart.

All of the above to say, our forced time together has strengthened our bonds with each other.

So, where do you spend your "me time?" What new thing are you doing with others?.

No comments:

Post a Comment