Sunday, February 10, 2019

Could this be you?


I am S.A.D.

No, it is not what you think!  I am Seeking Aid Decluttering!

Have you figured out yet that keeping yourself accountable is a sure way to get your goals accomplished?  How many times have you finished a project at the last minute because it needs doing immediately?  Do you seek activities that take you away from doing a stated goal?  Do you say, “yes,” to helping others, knowing that there is no way that you will be able to deliver on that promise.  You, my friend, are the problem; or rather, your attitude is the problem.

I have been there.  Judge me guilty.  However, I do not have to be the same today and tomorrow as I was yesterday.  God has given me the ability to change, to grow, to seek help when necessary.  It always begins with me, myself, and I.  I must change my perspective.  As I seek inspiration, I must ask for help.  I must do positive things for the ones whose lives I touch as well as myself.

“That’s a lot of I’s,” you are thinking.  You are right.  However, here is the thing…I am responsible for the decisions that I make.  [That is just the way things are.]  In addition, therefore by inference, you are responsible for the decisions you make.

“How do you figure that?” you might ask.

Make the bed or not?
Put the dirty clothes/towels in the hamper or not?
Check the email or do the laundry?
Cook lunch or go shopping?
Keep a promise or do something else instead?
Shall I cancel on a friend because something else came up?

Our lives are about promises kept or broken, whether to others or ourselves.  Therefore, I am S.A.D. [I’m Seeking Aid Decluttering.], because if I stay on track every day, and do what I should each day, in my house and for my family, we all win in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment