Sunday, January 30, 2022

Fifteen- foot square bedroom layout question

 I was asked how I'd lay out a fifteen-foot square bedroom. Here's my reply.

The layout of any room depends on the window, heating/air vents, closet doors, doors to the bathroom, and the entry doorway.

My fourteen-square-foot room has two dressers on one wall and a window. The opposite wall has a closet extending into the room and the entry door. The window wall between them has the head of the queen bed.

The wall at the foot of the bed has a closet, a mantle (overhead attic access), and the walking area of most of the room.

There is enough space to walk along both sides of the bed to access dresser drawers and the closet. This space is tight using a walker. (A king bed would take up too much space. If a wheelchair were necessary for the 14-foot square room, neither bed's setup wouldn't work.)

I'd opt for a platform storage bed with a storage headboard. I would choose window coverings and bed linens that are decadent.

I'd also include a valet seat or even two. I'd opt for a sofa table or drop leaf table if I used a laptop in that room, plus a comfortable chair that may do double duty as a valet chair.

Trick out the closet, and don't forget a hamper.

Graph the room's layout and use to-scale graph cutouts of intended furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment