Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Reducing Incoming Clutter



Just received an “AARP Watchdog Alert Handbook, 13 Ways Con Artists Steal Your Money.”

Hold on, wait a minute, that is not what this topic is, rather some take-ways that I have gotten from it. You can go to aarp.org/fraudwatchnetwork and get the free information for yourself.) 


Have you gotten suspect fraud or spam emails wanting personal information or account numbers? Forward the email to spam@uce.gov[I wish I had that one for those pesky emails that, I have been deleting for the past 3 months. I am going to print it out on a label and post it near my computer.]

Are you getting pre-approved credit card applications in your regular mail? Call 1-888-5-OPT-OUT or visit optoutprescreen.com. AARP suggests putting outgoing mail into a locked postal service mailbox.

Cut down on junk mail by contacting the Direct Marketing Association at dmachoice.org. In addition to doing this, I say, “Cancel “wish book” subscriptions, most are available online anyway.”

If you are getting unwanted phone calls, interrupting your sleep or time with your family, sign up at donotcall.gov or call 1-888-382-1222.

Recently, someone called and told me that my credit card account is compromised. They left a call back number. I did not call back at the number they gave; instead, I called the number on the back of my card. Otherwise, I would have used my statement number to call them back.

Therefore, here is to decluttering both your home and valuable time with unnecessary incoming “stuff.” Hope this helps a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment