Tuesday, July 9, 2019

On Decluttering Your Entire Life


Check out this article
The First 15 Things You Need to Do to Declutter Your Entire Life, by Ashley Abramson

Okay, I have written numerous times on decluttering, but the biggest plus for me is having more usable space in my home and having less work when cleaning.

This article gives some useful tips I may have missed, especially since I am not IT inclined.

Especially check out the “Declutter Your Digital Life” section.

I have covered the need to backup files abstractly when I have mentioned my failed motherboard. Losing complete hard drives and the information on it due to reformatting errors, power fluxes, motherboard failure, and technology advances makes one a believer in backing up your files. Backup your files daily. I back up Word files that I am working on every 10 minutes. While I am not good at deleting files, I rename new versions with an addition number or alphabet, (Got to work on that. Maybe I do not need to keep all the versions of whatever to whatever12b at that. I do use folders; all the copies are in the same place, yeah!)

I am hopeless at cell phone stuff, so find help from your provider for your particular make and model.

I have covered the “Declutter Your Home,”  “Declutter Your Closet,” “Declutter Your Office Space,” topics and have a few graphics in the “Creating Your Forever Home” pdf file e-book, however check out this article’s take on the subject.

Check out the aspect of “Declutter Your Life” that the article touches. My take on this aspect of challenges has not gone to these lengths. However, I do touch on some of the reasons we do not move forward with simplifying our lives due to procrastination, physical limitations, and our own imperfect mindsets.

We have to be ready for a change, actively seek help when necessary, and yes, work at it to create our forever homes.

Here is the link to the article mentioned


No comments:

Post a Comment