Sunday, September 11, 2016

Getting to Know Each Other

Who Am I? Who are You?


I'm a daughter, mother, grandmother, wife, sister, and aunt 
(45+  nieces and nephews--if you count greats and steps) with loads of practical experience in Adaptive Organization for the way you are currently living. 

I believe you deserve to live the best you can in your home. 


Both my parents were disabled as I was growing up. Over the years I've helped reorganize their home as their needs/disabilities became more limiting. We did those adaptations "on a dime" since money was always tight or almost nonexistent.


I have experience in wearing a lot of hats or doing lots of things.


As dad's oldest child, I helped roof a house and add on a room.
I  helped dig an outhouse, fill it in and move the structure. I've helped cut trees  and stacked logs, carried coal and cleaned out the ashes. Dad had all his children work in the family garden and feed the animals, so yes, we did chores and learned responsibility working beside him.


As mom's oldest girl, I learned how to cook, clean, sew, mend, wash clothes, etc.


In the job market, I've held jobs that include cafeteria worker, school bus driver, grocery cashier, lab tech, cake decorator,  produce manager, retail cashier, stock person, and display builder. In specialty retail the titles include head clerk, computer tech,  assistant manager, convenience store shift lead, convenience store clerk, office manager,  store manager, and retail banker.

I retired at the end of November 2018.



So, now that I've introduced myself...won't you please introduce yourself.

You too have worn a lot of "hats" in your lifetime. No matter what you've done in your life to earn a living, you've developed skills. Skill sets that are transferable into your home environment.  Skills that you can share with others. Often we don't realize work, hobby, or education skills can be used to make our everyday lives better.

So what special skills do you have? Are you open to sharing them with others? Give some feedback. Follow the blog. Share!

Here's the spot to BRAG!

No comments:

Post a Comment